Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Golfing: Stressful or Stress Free

I have lived on the golf course a year and a half and have barely made an appearance on the course.  I always watch the golfers walking by and swinging their clubs, sending the ball soaring over the tree tops and eventually coming to rest on the fairway.  Easy, right?  I invited my friend, Josh, who just got a new set of clubs to come golfing with me and my son, Caleb.  We went and took some practice swings on the driving range and set out for hole one.  Josh said that I spent more time in the sand than David Hasselhoff on BayWatch.  Very funny...  I managed to send the sand flying further than the ball.  Frustrated, I decided to go to an expert for some online golf help from Joe Beck.  He makes it seem so easy!  Golf, when played with the right friend, can be stress free and fun as long as everyone remembers it is just a game.  The only stressful part was spending so much time in the sand. 


6 comments:

  1. My school is on a golf course and I've only been out once. It's so hard! I've never been one for golf either. Mini golf is fun but "grown up" golf... well, if I'm not driving a golf cart, I'd rather stay home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get frustrated just playing mini-golf! You have your hit all lined up, with angles and speed taken into consideration, then you hit the ball expecting a hole in one! Disappointingly, though, the ball seems to go where it wants to go, instead of where you want it to go!! I can't imagine playing real golf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too get frustrated playing golf. I only have been to the driving range and it is stress relieving when you actually hit the ball! I am sure like any other sport it takes practice and the right coach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit-I do not like Golf. I think it is stressful. I grew up on a golf course and my father used to make me golf with him every Saturday morning. He wanted me to be on our school's golf team, but luckily I wasn't good enough (hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have recently started golfing due to the fact that my boyfriend and his family love golfing. I must say if you give it a chance you may learn to love it. I still find it frustrating at times, but look around and you will see that everyone that golfs can get frustrated with "their game"--or lack their of. Golf is something that takes a lot of patience and practice, but if you try to enjoy being outside and whacking something around it can be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to play golf. It can be very stressful but the walking on its own is a great stress reliever. It's funny how some days it can be the best game in the world, and others you would rather throw your clubs in the water and walk away! It always seems as though my golf balls are attracted to the water anyway!

    ReplyDelete